Passport and visa requirements and regulations in regards to vaccination certificates and other health requirements vary by destination. It is the sole responsibility of each guest to obtain and have available appropriate valid travel and health documents for their chosen itinerary. Any guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of cruise fare or any other travel components purchased from Oceania Cruises will be issued. Passports must be valid six months from the date of trip completion. Due to airline security measures, your passport name must match your airline ticket name or you may be denied boarding. Oceania Cruises accepts no responsibility for obtaining required visas or for advising guests of visa or other immigration requirements beyond the guidelines indicated.
Articles in this section
- If the Cruise Vacation guide is reissued how long will it take to ship?
- Besides the electronic Final Cruise Vacation Summary, are guests/travel agents provided any other cruise documents?
- Do I need a passport, visa or special vaccinations?
- Do I need a boarding pass to board the ship?
- Can the Cruise Vacation Guide be reissued if I upgrade or change the stateroom/suite?
- Will I need my Cruise Vacation Guide and Final Cruise Vacation Summary for check-in at the pier?
- What information do you require from me to ensure there are no delays with the processing of my documents?
- When is the Cruise Vacation Guide sent?
- When will my amenities show on my Cruise Vacation Summary?
- Are guests provided "cruise tickets" or vouchers for excursions, hotels and transfers?