Cuba operates as a dual currency system. Cuban convertible peso (CUC$) is the currency which you will exchange and use in Cuba. CUC$ come in the following denominations: 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. Please note that CUC$ 1 comes in both a coin and paper money configuration. There is a second currency, the Cuban peso, also called moneda nacional or CUP which is used only by Cuban citizens.
Articles in this section
- Is it safe to travel in Cuba?
- Is there additional travel insurance that I can buy through Oceania Cruises?
- Does Medicare cover medical expenses while in Cuba?
- Does my insurance cover medical expenses while in Cuba?
- Is medical insurance required?
- What will the onboard experience be like?
- Will I be able to move about Cuba freely?
- Are the buses/coaches for excursions air conditioned?
- What types of excursions will be offered?
- What ports will Cuba cruises visit?