U.S. persons are allowed to return with certain Cuban-origin items, including cigars and rum, for personal use only and pursuant to OFAC regulations. These items remain subject to the normal limits on duty and tax exemptions for merchandise imported as accompanied baggage and for personal use. We refer you to the link in the Guide “Is it legal for U.S. citizens to travel to Cuba?” which provides guidance on items that can be imported from Cuba.
Articles in this section
- Is it safe to travel in Cuba?
- Is there additional travel insurance that I can buy through Oceania Cruises?
- Does Medicare cover medical expenses while in Cuba?
- Does my insurance cover medical expenses while in Cuba?
- Is medical insurance required?
- What will the onboard experience be like?
- Will I be able to move about Cuba freely?
- Are the buses/coaches for excursions air conditioned?
- What types of excursions will be offered?
- What ports will Cuba cruises visit?